Learning Guide:Poll Everywhere
| Poll Everywhere|
Release status: new
|Description||Poll Everywhere allows you to ask a question, and audience members answer using mobile phones, twitter, or web browsers. Response are displayed live in Keynote, PowerPoint, or the Web.|
|Author(s)||Stan Skrabut (skrabutTalk)|
|University of Wyoming, College of Agriculture|
|Last Updated||6 June, 2010|
Poll Everywhere allows you to ask a question, and audience members answer using mobile phones, twitter, or web browsers. Response are displayed live in Keynote, PowerPoint, or the Web.
Poll Everywhere takes advantage of common technologies such as mobile phones, Web browsers, and applications like Twitter.
Poll Everywhere is intended to be used from mobile devices, e.g., smart phone, iPad, phone with a Web browser, etc. as well as from a Web browser.
The only required equipment is a device to access the Internet. This can be a phone, iPad, or computer.
You create poll questions using Poll Everywhere Web site. This site will allow you to create three different types of polls: Multiple choice polls, Free text polls, or Goal polls.
The University of Wyoming has an enterprise account for faculty and staff. To request an account, go to https://www.uwyo.edu/uwaccounts/form/, complete the top portion of the form with your personal information, scroll down to the section for UW Poll Everywhere Account Action, and check the appropriate box. This will expand the section to display more fields to fill out. Once completed, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Submit box. Faculty members will then enter their email address, set up a password, and then will be able to do their own polls. The enterprise license allows for unlimited polls and unlimited responses to polls.
Here is a link to the UW Poll Everywhere FAQ.
Learning resources information
Guides and Beginner Instructions
Here are a number of great guides to help you better understand Poll Everywhere and its capabilities.
- Poll Everywhere (Faculty Center for Professional Excellence - Adelphi University
- Real-time Assessment with Poll Everywhere
- A guide to poll everywhere
- Polleverywhere - Advice & Questioning Strategies
- Student Polling
- Live Audience Polling - Poll Everywhere Tutorial
Here are a number of great ideas for using Poll Everywhere in a education environment.
- Engaging Learners with Poll Everywhere
- Technology for Educators-Poll Everywhere
- i-c-t Poll Everywhere
- Timed emails through Blackboard announcements and Polleverywhere
- Poll Everywhere In Library Instruction
- PollEverywhere: Student Engagement through Cellular Phones
- CHS Faculty Meetings-Poll Everywhere
How non profits can benefit from Poll Everywhere.
- Use Twitter in PowerPoint with Poll Everywhere
- Embedding Poll Everywhere in #Moodle
- Education QR Codes - Polls and Surveys
- POLL EVERYWHERE NOW WORKS IN PREZI
- OPENOFFICE IMPRESS CAN POLL TOO
Here is a collection of videos that will help you understand and use Poll Everywhere.
- Poll Everywhere Instant Audience Feedback
- An Educator's Introduction to Poll Everywhere
- Best of Web 2.0: Using Poll Everywhere
- Poll Everywhere
- Poll Everywhere Premium Features