Release status: new
|Description||Blogging is a blend of "Web Log" It is way you can deliver news, information, and your opinion.|
|Author(s)||Stan Skrabut (skrabutTalk)|
|University of Wyoming, College of Agriculture|
|Last Updated||31 March, 2011|
Blogs are Web-based pages for delivering news, opinions, and information. Blogs are written on an ever increasing number of subjects.
Entry to blogs are called posts and are similar to a syndicated news column. A blog typically focuses on one subject and is updated on a regular basis with the most recent post appearing at the top of the page. Depending on how the blog owner sets up the page, posts may appear in isolation or with other posts.
There are many different blogging programs available each with their own features. You can maintain a blog on a public site or host it on your own server. If you host your own blog, you will have more control of features and functionality.
Blogs will operate on both a Mac or PC, as well as an iPad or mobile phone.
The only equipment needed is a computer, smart phone, or iPod with a Web browser.
Access to blogsis accomplished through a Web-browser. These are the most common browsers:
Common Blogging Applications
Here are common blogging Websites:
Here is a comparison of blogging software.
You can also write blog posts on the iPad with a number of different applications. Here is a list of tools: 7 Amazing Apps To Get You Blogging On The iPad Right Away.
Learning resources information
Here are a number of articles and books worth reading on the use of blogs.
Guides and Beginner Instructions
Here are a number of great guides to help you better understand blogs and their capabilities.
- The Edublogger’s Introduction to Blogging
- 20 Bad Habits of New Bloggers
- Social Media Toolkit - Blogging
Here are blog ideas in case you are stuck.
Here are a number of great ideas for using blogs in a education environment.
- 10 Tips for Starting an Education Blog
- 100 Seriously Cool Classroom Blogs for Teaching Ideas & Inspiration
- Making Student Blogs Pay Off with Blog Audits
- DOs and DON'Ts of Blogging With Students
- Some uses of blogs in education
- Instructional Strategies for Blogging
- Blogging for Learning
- 50 BEST BLOGS FOR EDUCATION LEADERS
- Top 50 Global Education Blogs
- 100 Blogs That Will Make You a Better Teacher
- The most updated and popular E-Learning Blogs
- Top 100 Education Blogs
Miscellaneous Blog Tips
These are tips that did not neatly fit in other places.
- Are you well-versed in comment etiquette?
- 100 BLOGS THAT WILL MAKE YOU SMARTER
- HOW TO WRITE THREE BLOG POSTS A DAY
Here are some articles to put purpose behind your blogging.
Tips for a Successful Blog
Here are ideas for improving your blogging.
- 5 Tips for Beginning Bloggers
- Five Ways to Become a Better Writer and Take Your Blog to the Top
- How to captivate your blog readers through the perfect image
- Mind map: Best practices for writing an effective blog
- Five Steps to an Effective Blog Post
- 10 Ways to Write Better Blog Posts
- 50 WAYS TO TAKE YOUR BLOG TO THE NEXT LEVEL
- Why Start a Blog and 25 Tips to Make it Work
- Blog Like A Pro With 100 Tips
- 10 Quick Tips to Boost Your Blogging Skills
Here are tips specific to WordPress.
- 3 Alternative Ways To Post To WordPress
- Make Your WordPress Site Tablet-Friendly
- WordPress for your own hosted site
Here is a collection of videos that will help you understand and use blogs.