How-to guides for food preservation are available for free download from University of Wyoming Extension.
The guides are available by going to www.uwyo.edu/ces and clicking on Publications on the left-hand side of the page. For the Preserving Food in Wyoming series, typing B-1210 in the search field will bring up all the related bulletins. For Canner’s Corner bulletins, type the bulletin number in the search field.
The bulletins (number in parenthesis) include:
Preserving Food in Wyoming series:
- Fruit (B-1210.2)
- Jelly (B-1210.1)
- Meat (B-1210.7)
- Pickles (B-1210.5)
- Tomatoes (B-1210.4)
- Vegetables (B-1210.6)
- Wild Berries and Other Fruit (B-1210.3)
Canner’s Corner: Enjoying summer’s bounty series:
- So, you want to be a home canner? (MP-119.1)
- The time is ripe for summer melons (MP-119.2)
- A taste of tomatoes (MP-119.3)
- Step-by-step canning of high acid foods (MP-119.4)
- Some like ’em hot! (MP-119.5)
- ‘Sweet’ sweet corn (MP-119.6)
- When it’s good to be in a pickle (MP-119.7)
- What’s so great about apples? (MP-119.8)
- ‘Berry’ good choices (MP-119.9)
- Pies in minutes (MP-119.10)
- Rhubarb – Real pucker power! (MP-119.11)
- Making canning work for you (MP-119.12)
Food preservation information is also available at the National Center for Home Food Preservation. Type http://nchfp.uga.edu into a browser. Additional information is available by clicking Publications on the left-hand side of the page.
UW Extension nutrition and food safety educators also have information. For a listing of county offices, go to www.uwyo.edu/ces and click County Offices on the left-hand side of the page.