Hay varieties, establishment and insect pest management are among topics at the Master Hay Grower workshop Thursday, Feb. 6, in Casper.
The free sessions are 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. at the Agriculture Research and Learning Center, 2011 Fairgrounds Rd. Registration is not required, and lunch is on your own.
* Master Stockman tools for hay producers, Bridger Feuz, UW Extension marketing specialist
* Irrigating alfalfa: Making the most of your water, Caleb Carter, extension educator
* Alfalfa insect pest management, Scott Schell extension assistant entomologist
* Hay establishment and fertilization, Hudson Hill, extension educator
* Variety selection, Anowar Islam, extension forage specialist
* Hay marketing, Donn Randall, Agribusiness Division program manager, Wyoming Business Council
* Risk management for hay growers, John Hewlett, extension farm/ranch management specialist.