Pasture leases, mineral supplements and rangeland monitoring are among topics at the Cattleman’s Update Tuesday, Feb. 19, at the Albany County Fairgrounds in Laramie.
Registration opens at 9:30 a.m., and programs begin at 10 a.m; registration is $10 per person and includes lunch.
* 10-11 a.m. – “Rangeland Monitoring: Time Well Spent?” presented by Rachel Mealor, University of Wyoming Extension range specialist
* 11:10-noon – “Supplementing Trace Minerals to Beef Cows – What, When, How, and How Much?” presented by Jason Ahola, associate professor, beef production systems, Colorado State University
* Noon-1p.m. – Lunch provided, “Snow Surveying and Reporting” presented by Rod Oliver, hydrographer/commissioner, and Chad Pickett, acreage inspector, both of theWyoming State Engineer’s Office
* 1-2 p.m. – “Beef Check-off Update” presented by Ann Wittmann, executive director, Wyoming Beef Council
* 2-3 p.m. – “Pasture Lease Agreements and What is an AUM Worth” presented by Bridger Feuz, marketing specialist, UW Extension
* 3-5 p.m. – James C. Hageman Sustainable Agriculture Research and Extension Center stakeholder input
University of Wyoming Extension and First Interstate Bank present the workshop. To register or for more information, contact extension educator Kellie Chichester at 307-721-2571 or firstname.lastname@example.org.